...Fresh starts...
Today marked the beginning of my last term of my first year in University. It is time to continue working hard and try out new experiences. As today began, I had a few moments in the morning to brainstorm and devise some goals to achieve for this term. As opposed to thinking about these goals last year, I decided to think about these goals at the end of the first day of my last term. Well, here we go:
1) To be a better person in all aspects of my life (i.e. school, as a daughter, sister, friend etc.)
2) To raise my spot on the Dean's list higher.
3) Start developing relationships with my professors and teaching assistants to enhance my network.
4) HAVE FUN! I think people forget that University is about the experience as well as the education aspect, and I am definitely one of those people who has forgotten that. First term, I isolated myself inside studying or doing work all day long and it stressed me out and probably lead to the re-emergence of my depression. So this term I am aiming at having some time for myself to have some fun, hang out with my good friends and have a few drinks.
I hate the saying "New year, new me" so I will definitely not say that. But as the new year and new term has come, I will make changes to myself and my life to ensure that I am happier and more successful. I guess my happiness is one of the greatest challenges I will face this year, but I won't give up the fight. I will try my best. After all, it is a fresh start.
No comments:
Post a Comment